- What’s the best model for Smart City?
- What are the pros and cons of the Digital Twin Model?
- What are the pros and cons of the Internet of Things Model in the development of Smart Cities?
China’s Xiongan New Area
Chinese President Xi Jinping conceives Xiongan New Area as a millennium engine of China’s ecological civilization, following Shenzhen and Pudong mapped out by Deng Xiaoping. The brain child is reliably correlated with sociotechnical standards of Internet of City Things (IoCT) and Chinese philosophy.
Our key findings are listed as follows:
- Chinese President Xi Jinping conceives Xiongan New Area as a millennium engine of China’s ecological civilization to celebrate the 40th anniversary of the country’s reform and opening-up. The blueprint is an updated version of Shenzhen and Pudong mapped out by former President Deng Xiaoping as a key national project to boost its economy.
- It is the first time in China’s modern history that a key project has been publicly promoted in an official document and is reminiscent of the political legacy of the country’s President as its “chief architect”.
- Though some issues descending from mysterious Xiongan New Area still remain off limits, we have unveiled some untapped information to reframe extensible discussions about Xiongan. As a unique long-term project in the world, Xiongan, like Three-Gorges Dam in China, calls for global wisdom.
- For the first time, we have proposed the notion of “symbiotic city model” with philosophical consideration beyond the “digital twin model” (like Singapore and Jaipur), based on our substantial contributions to the related standards (say, IEEE the P2413.1 Draft, ITU-T Recommendations SG20-TD1049, etc.).
 J. Wu, J. Huang, X. Han, Z. Xie, X. Gao, Science 300, 1239 (2003); J. Liu et al., Science 300, 1240 (2003); P. Xie, Science 302, 1149 (2003); G. Shen, Z. Xie, Science 304, 681 (2004); C. Nilsson, C. a Reidy, M. Dynesius, C. Revenga, Science 308, 405 (2005); R. Stone, Science 321, 628 (2008); W. J. Mitsch, J. Lu, X. Yuan, W. He, L. Zhang, Science 322, 528 (2008); L. Jiao, Science 326, 508 (2009); R. Stone, Science 333, 817 (2011).
- Zhiwen Hu, Yiping Cui, Yong Wei. China’s Xiongan: Symbiotic City of the Future, Science, 2019, http://science.sciencemag.org/content/358/6366/1008.2/tab-e-letters. China’s Xiongan: Symbiotic City of the Future (1322 downloads)
作为承载国家战略梦想的“千年大计、国家大事”，雄安新区的建设理念极大程度上影响着中国乃至全球智慧城市的发展方向和生态文明建设理念。目前，“智慧城市”、“未来之城”、“生态之城”、“数字孪生”等定位仍存在一定的局限性。在国际智慧城市建设范式上，像Singapore、Jaipur等城市普遍主张“数字孪生城市”（“Digital Twin Model”），旨在强调物理城市与数字城市之间的镜像与互动，弱化了“人本”理念。为此，我们主张雄安建设理念应融入我国古代哲学家王阳明 “万物一体”的哲学思想，以人为本，居民、物、环境共生共荣。我们提出并倡导“Symbiotic City Model”（“共生城市”）建设理念和“Internet of City Things”建设路径，强调智慧城市建设过程中“居民”、“物”与“环境”之间和谐共生。随着全球气候变暖，海平面上升，许多岛国或地区将被迫整体搬迁，雄安新区的建设经验将为它们提供可资借鉴的智慧城市新范式，为全球智慧城市建设贡献中国方案和中国智慧。