Preface: The Charter of Machu Picchu was adopted by the Universidad Nacional Federico Villarreal, Lima, Peru, 12 Dec., 1977.
The Charter of Machu Picchu introduces for the first time the consideration of the material value underlying in the conservation of historic centres, joining the economic value to the cultural one “… the action of preserving, restoring and recycling the historic environments and architectonic monuments must be integrated in the vital process of urban development, also because it is the only way of financing and managing this operation.”
The Universidad Nacional Federico Villarreal, Lima, Peru, 12 Dec., 1977.
- The Machu Picchu Charter was designed to be an update of the document Le Corbusier and his collaborators produced in 1933, known as the Charter of Athens, which had served as a blueprint for the development of contemporary architecture and urban planning.
- It discusses concepts regarding urban planning of cities and their surrounding regions. It explains how it differs from the Charter of Athens.
- It outlines concepts regarding cities and regions; urban growth; the sector concept; housing; transportation; availability of urban land; natural resources and environmental pollution; preservation; technology; implementation; and urban planning and architecture.
- The Charter of Machu Picchu (1977).
- Le Corbusier, Principios De Urbanismo, Barcelona: Ariel, 1975 (Titulo del original Frances: LA Charte D’Athenes, Collection Forces Vives—Editions de Minuit).
- The Charter of Machu Picchu, 1979. Journal of Architectural Research, 7 (2), 5–9.
- Seidel, A., Gibson, J., Preiser, W.F.E., and Pellish, D.M., 1979. Four Commentaries on the Charter. Journal of Architectural Research, 7 (2), 10–12.
- Built Heritage and Sustainable Tourism. http://cdn.intechopen.com/pdfs/29226/InTech-Built_heritage_and_sustainable_tourism_conceptual_economic_and_social_variables.pdf
- Charter of Athens (1933). http://orcp.hustoj.com/2015/10/10/charter-of-athens-1933/.
- Recommendation Concerning the Safeguarding and Contemporary Role of Historic Areas (1976).
- English: http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0011/001140/114038e.pdf#page=136
- Chinese: http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0011/001140/114038cb.pdf#page=1
- The Conservation of old cities as part of the cultural heritage, seen within the context of modern urbanization
- Cultural Tourism (1976). http://orcp.hustoj.com/2015/12/29/cultural-tourism-1976/
- The Role of the ICOMOS in Cultural Tourism at World Heritage Sites. http://www.icomos.org/publications/93sy_tou10.pdf
- ICOMOS International Cultural Tourism Charter (Managing Tourism at Places of Heritage Significance, 1999).
- Resolutions of the International Symposium on the Conservation of Smaller Historic Towns (1975). http://www.icomos.org/en/charters-and-texts/180-articles-en-francais/chartes-et-normes/384-resolutions-of-the-international-symposium-on-the-conservation-of-smaller-historic-towns-at-the-4th-icomos-general-assembly
- Resolutions of the International Symposium on the Conservation of Smaller Historic Towns (1975). http://www.icomos.org/index.php/en/what-we-do/disseminating-knowledge/publicationall/other-publications/116-english-categories/resources/publications/394-colloque-sur-la-conservation-des-petites-villes-historiques–symposium-on-the-conservation-of-smaller-historic-towns
- European Charter of the Architectural Heritage (1975). http://www.icomos.org/en/charters-and-texts/179-articles-en-francais/ressources/charters-and-standards/170-european-charter-of-the-architectural-heritage
- International Charters on Conservation: The Lost C(L)auses. http://www.ceci-br.org/novo/revista/docs2008/CT-2008-120.pdf
- Centre de Documentation de l’ICOMOS. http://mestrado-reabilitacao.fa.utl.pt/disciplinas/jaguiar/icomoshistorictowns.pdf
- European Charter of the Architectural Heritage (1975). http://www.unescobkk.org/fileadmin/user_upload/culture/cultureMain/Instruments/European_Charter.pdf
- Initiative for a European Cultural Heritage Year. http://www.dnk.de/_uploads/media/1870_2015-11-20_ECHY%E2%80%93Status%20Report.pdf
- Declaration of Amsterdam (1975). http://www.international.icomos.org/en/charters-and-texts/179-articles-en-francais/ressources/charters-and-standards/169-the-declaration-of-amsterdam.
- Draft Opinion: Towards an integrated approach to cultural heritage for Europe. http://www.europanostra.org/UPLOADS/FILS/20150226-CommitteRegions-Opinion-CulturalHeritage.pdf
- Declaration of Amsterdam (1975). https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Maria_Bostenaru_Dan/publication/200038775_The_Cultural_Value_of_the_Built_Heritage_in_the_International_Documents_Dedicated_to_the_Preservation_of_the_Cultural_Heritage/links/0d50ae560eacbe9be2e9e867.pdf
- European Convention on the Protection of the Archaeological Heritage (1969). http://orcp.hustoj.com/2015/11/02/archaeology-1969/
- European Cultural Convention (1954). http://orcp.hustoj.com/2015/10/10/european-cultural-convention/
- International Urban Conservation Charters: Catalytic or Passive Tools of Urban Conservation Practices Among Developing Countries. http://www.ceci-br.org/novo/revista/docs2008/CT-2008-106.pdf
- The World Heritage Convention. http://whc.unesco.org/en/convention/
- Basic Texts of the 1972 World Heritage Convention – UNESCO. http://orcp.hustoj.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/1972-Basic-Texts-of-the-1972-World-Heritage-Convention-UNESCO.pdf
- The World Heritage Convention: An Overview – ICOMOS. http://www.icomos.org/publications/93touris1.pdf
- List of World Heritage Sites in China. http://orcp.hustoj.com/collections/world-heritage-list-china/
- Memory of the World in China. http://orcp.hustoj.com/collections/memory-of-the-world/
- Recommendation Concerning International Competitions in Architecture and Town Planning (1956). http://orcp.hustoj.com/2015/10/11/town-planning-1956/
- Records of The General Conference, Ninth Session, New Delhi, 1956. (Full text, original documents) 1956-12-5-Records of The General Conference, Ninth Session, New Delhi, 1956
- Revised Recommendation Concerning International Competitions in Architecture and Town Planning (27 Nov. 1978).
- Original URL: http://portal.unesco.org/en/ev.php-URL_ID=13134&URL_DO=DO_TOPIC&URL_SECTION=201.html
- English: 1978-Revised Recommendation concerning International Competitions in Architecture and Town Planning
- Chinese: 1978-Revised Recommendation concerning International Competitions in Architecture and Town Planning-CN
- Draft Regulations For International Competitions In Architecture, Paris, 30 August 1954, UNESCO. http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0016/001607/160785eb.pdf
- Revision of The Recommendation Concerning International Competitions in Architecture and Town Planning (1956). http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0002/000277/027743EB.pdf
- Community as Myth and Reality in the UNESCO World Heritage Convention. In: Nicolas Adell, Regina F. Bendix, Chiara Bortolotto & Markus Tauschek (eds.) Between Imagined Communities and Communities of Practice: Participation, Territory and the Making of Heritage, pp. 273-286. Göttingen: Universitätsverlag Gottingen, 2015. http://orcp.hustoj.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/12/2015-Between-Imagined-Communities-and-Communities-of-Practice.pdf
- UNESCO, 1972. UNESCO CONVENTION FOR THE PROTECTION OF THE WORLD CULTURAL AND NATURAL HERITAGE. International Legal Materials, 11 (6), 1358–1366.
- Universal Copyright Convention. (1953). Nature, 171, 956.
- United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), 1972. UNESCO Recommendation Concerning the Protection, at a National Level, of the Cultural and Natural Heritage. International Legal Materials, 11 (6), 1367–1374.
- Walsh, J. (1974). Soviet-American Copyright Deals-Better Where Barter Is Possible. Science, 186(4166), 805–807. doi:10.1126/science.186.4166.805
- Merryman, J.H., 1986. Two Ways of Thinking About Cultural Property. The American Journal of International Law, 80 (4), 831–853.
- Merryman, J.H., 1989. The Public Interest in Cultural Property. California Law Review, 77 (2), 339–364.
- Burns, G. (1991). Deterioration of our cultural heritage. Nature, 352(6337), 658–660. doi:10.1038/352658a0
- Blake, J. (2000). On Defining the Cultural Heritage. The International and Comparative Law Quarterly, 49(1), 61–85.
- Balter, M. (2000). Artifacts Prompt Tug-of-War. Science, 287(5450), 33b–33. doi:10.1126/science.287.5450.33b. Artifacts Prompt Tug-of-War-Science
- Ahmad, Y., 2006. The Scope and Definitions of Heritage From Tangible to Intangible. International Journal of Heritage Studies, 12 (3), 292–300.
Schaaf, T. (2003). UNESCO’s experience with the protection of sacred natural sites for biodiversity conservation. In: The Importance of Sacred Natural Sites for Biological Conservation-Paris (UNESCO)-Proceedings of the International Workshop, Kunming and Xishuangbanna, China. pp. 13-20.
- Meskell, L., 2013. UNESCO’s World Heritage Convention at 40: Challenging the Economic and Political Order of International Heritage Conservation. Current Anthropology, 54 (4), 483–494.
Jokilehto, Jukka. “International charters on urban conservation: some thoughts on the principles expressed in current international doctrine.” City & Time 3, no. 3 (2007): 2.
Hey There. I discovered your weblog using msn. This is
an extremely neatly written article. I will make sure to bookmark it and come back to learn extra
of your helpful information. Thanks for the post.
I’ll certainly comeback.
Hi there! I could have sworn I’ve visited your blog before but after looking at some of the
posts I realized it’s new to me. Nonetheless, I’m definitely pleased I found it and I’ll be bookmarking it and
checking back regularly!
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I really appreciate your efforts and I am waiting for your next post thank you once again.
You have made some really good points there.
I checked on the web for additional information about the issue and found
most individuals will go along with your views on this site.
An intriguing discussion is worth comment. There’s no doubt
that that you need to publish more on this subject, it may not be a taboo matter but
typically people do not discuss such topics. To the next!
I’m truly enjoying the design and layout of your site.
It’s a very easy on the eyes which makes it much more pleasant
for me to come here and visit more often. Did you hire out a developer to create your
theme? Superb work!
Hey! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone!
Just wanted to say I love reading your blog and look forward to all
your posts! Carry on the great work!
Hello just wanted to give you a brief heads up and let
you know a few of the images aren’t loading correctly.
I’m not sure why but I think its a linking issue.
I’ve tried it in two different browsers and both show the same outcome.
Hello my loved one! I wish to say that this post is awesome, great written and
include approximately all significant infos. I’d like to peer extra posts like this .
Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your weblog and
wished to say that I’ve truly enjoyed surfing around your blog posts.
In any case I will be subscribing to your rss feed and I
hope you write again soon!
Hey just wanted to give you a quick heads up. The words in your article
seem to be running off the screen in Firefox. I’m not sure if this is a format issue or something to do with
web browser compatibility but I figured I’d post to let you know.
The layout look great though! Hope you get the problem fixed
Superb post however I was wondering if you could write a litte more on this topic?
I’d be very thankful if you could elaborate a little bit more.
What’s up, of course this paragraph is actually good and I
have learned lot of things from it concerning blogging.
wonderful points altogether, you just gained a new reader.
What would you suggest in regards to your publish
that you simply made some days ago? Any positive?
I seriously love your site.. Pleasant colors
& theme. Did you create this website yourself?
Please reply back as I’m attempting to create my own personal website and want to know where you got this from or just what the theme is named.
Thanks , I’ve recently been searching for information about
this topic for a long time and yours is the best I have came upon so far.
But, what concerning the conclusion? Are you sure in regards to the supply?
Your means of explaining all in this paragraph is actually nice, all can simply be aware of it, Thanks a lot.
I do trust all the concepts you have introduced for your
post. They’re very convincing and will definitely work.
Nonetheless, the posts are too brief for beginners.
May you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent time?
Thanks for the post.
Hi there, You have done a fantastic job. I will
certainly digg it and personally suggest to my friends.
I am confident they’ll be benefited from this site.
I’m not sure why but this blog is loading very slow for me.
Is anyone else having this problem or is it a issue on my end?
I’ll check back later and see if the problem still exists.
You could definitely see your enthusiasm in the article you write.
The sector hopes for even more passionate writers
such as you who are not afraid to say how they believe.
At all times go after your heart.
Have you ever thought about writing an e-book or guest authoring on other sites?
I have a blog centered on the same ideas you discuss and would love to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would enjoy your work.
If you are even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.
Thanks a bunch! It is definitely an amazing web-site.
I feel that is one of the such a lot important information for me.
And i’m satisfied studying your article. However want to observation on few normal things,
The site style is ideal, the articles is in point of fact great : D.
Excellent job, cheers https://www.facebook.com/Vitamin-Shoppe-Coupon-Codes-1880283042254350/
I’ve been exploring for a little for any high quality articles or weblog posts on this kind of area
. Exploring in Yahoo I ultimately stumbled upon this site.
Reading this information So i am glad to show that I’ve an incredibly just right uncanny feeling I discovered just what I needed.
I so much without a doubt will make certain to do not forget this website and provides
it a glance on a continuing basis. http://bit.ly/2lZh8pz
If you are going for finest contents like I do, just visit this web
site daily since it offers quality contents,
It’s perfect time to make a few plans for the future and it is time to be happy.
I have read this post and if I may I want to recommend
you few fascinating things or tips. Maybe you could write next articles
referring to this article. I wish to read even more things about it! http://ow.ly/qTqn309WHJh
Howdy! I could have sworn I’ve been to this website before but after browsing through some of the post I realized
it’s new to me. Anyways, I’m definitely happy I found it and I’ll be
bookmarking and checking back often! http://ow.ly/qTqn309WHJh
I do not even know the way I finished up right here,
but I assumed this post was great. I do not recognise who you’re but certainly you’re going to a famous blogger for those who aren’t already.
I could not resist commenting. Very well written! http://ow.ly/qTqn309WHJh
Hi there to all, it’s genuinely a pleasant for me to go to
see this web site, it contains important Information. http://ow.ly/qTqn309WHJh
Hello! This post could not be written any better! Reading this post reminds me
of my old room mate! He always kept talking about this.
I will forward this post to him. Pretty sure he will have a good read.
Thanks for sharing! http://ow.ly/qTqn309WHJh
You actually make it seem so easy together with your presentation however I find this topic to
be really one thing which I think I might by no means
understand. It kind of feels too complicated and extremely
wide for me. I am taking a look ahead on your subsequent
put up, I’ll attempt to get the hold of it! http://ow.ly/qTqn309WHJh