Preface: The Recommendation Concerning the Protection, at National Level, of the Cultural and Natural Heritage was adopted at the General Conference of UNESCO (17th Session), Paris, 17 Oct.-21 Nov., 1972.
The General Conference of UNESCO (17th Session), Paris, 17 Oct.-21 Nov., 1972.
- The Recommendation calls for States to formulate, develop, and apply policies for the protection, conservation, and presentation of their cultural and natural heritage.
- It stresses the responsibility of states to protect their heritage for their own citizens and for all humanity.
- The document recommends increased financial resources for the safeguarding and preservation of the cultural and natural heritage and suggests scientific and technical, administrative, legal, financial, education, and public involvement measures to be taken. Finally, the document recommends areas for international cooperation to help safeguard the cultural heritage.
Recommendation Concerning the Protection, at National Level, of the Cultural and Natural Heritage (1972):
- Recommendation Concerning the Protection, at National Level, of the Cultural and Natural Heritage (1972): http://unesdoc.unesco.org/images/0011/001140/114044e.pdf#page=145
- Recommendation Concerning the Protection, at National Level, of the Cultural and Natural Heritage (1972): 1972-Recommendation Concerning the Protection, at National Level, of the Cultural and Natural Heritage(1972)
- List of World Heritage Sites in China. http://orcp.hustoj.com/collections/world-heritage-list-china/
- Memory of the World in China. http://orcp.hustoj.com/collections/memory-of-the-world/
- Recommendation Concerning International Competitions in Architecture and Town Planning (1956). http://orcp.hustoj.com/2015/10/11/town-planning-1956/
- Universal Copyright Convention. (1953). Nature, 171, 956.
- United Nations Educational Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO), 1972. UNESCO Recommendation Concerning the Protection, at a National Level, of the Cultural and Natural Heritage. International Legal Materials, 11 (6), 1367–1374.
- Walsh, J. (1974). Soviet-American Copyright Deals-Better Where Barter Is Possible. Science, 186(4166), 805–807. doi:10.1126/science.186.4166.805
- Merryman, J.H., 1986. Two Ways of Thinking About Cultural Property. The American Journal of International Law, 80 (4), 831–853.
- Merryman, J.H., 1989. The Public Interest in Cultural Property. California Law Review, 77 (2), 339–364.
- Burns, G. (1991). Deterioration of our cultural heritage. Nature, 352(6337), 658–660. doi:10.1038/352658a0
- Blake, J. (2000). On Defining the Cultural Heritage. The International and Comparative Law Quarterly, 49(1), 61–85.
- Balter, M. (2000). Artifacts Prompt Tug-of-War. Science, 287(5450), 33b–33. doi:10.1126/science.287.5450.33b. Artifacts Prompt Tug-of-War-Science
- Ahmad, Y., 2006. The Scope and Definitions of Heritage From Tangible to Intangible. International Journal of Heritage Studies, 12 (3), 292–300.
Schaaf, T. (2003). UNESCO’s experience with the protection of sacred natural sites for biodiversity conservation. In: The Importance of Sacred Natural Sites for Biological Conservation-Paris (UNESCO)-Proceedings of the International Workshop, Kunming and Xishuangbanna, China. pp. 13-20.