Preface: The Recommendation Concerning the Safeguarding of the Beauty and Character of Landscapes and Sites (1962) was adopted at 12th Session of The General Conference of UNESCO, Paris, on 11 Dec., 1962.
The General Conference of UNESCO (12th Session), Paris, 11 Dec., 1962
- It intended to supplement existing measures for the protection of nature, recognizes the important aesthetic, cultural, spiritual and scientific value of landscapes and the threat of poorly regulated development.
- It addresses natural and manmade landscapes and sites, including urban landscapes threatened by development and particularly areas that surround monuments, and encourages the use of both preventive and corrective measures and emphasizes the importance of urban and rural planning and oversight in safeguarding landscapes from infrastructure development, deforestation, pollution, advertising, building design and other named threats.
- It recommends educational action to raise public awareness of and respect for landscapes and sites. It emphasizes the importance of teacher training, involvement of the media, and state support for educational activities.
Recommendation Concerning the Safeguarding of the Beauty and Character of Landscapes and Sites (1962). http://orcp.hustoj.com/2015/10/12/landscapes-and-sites-1962/
- Recommendation Concerning the Safeguarding of the Beauty and Character of Landscapes and Sites (1962). http://www.international.icomos.org/publications/93towns7a.pdf
- The ORCP is furnished documentations only for exchanging ideas among researchers, the use of which is all acknowledged.
- Any materials include in the ORCP may be copied only in accordance with the copyright terms and conditions of the owners.
- Any materials include in the ORCP may be used, modified or distributed must reproduce and retain the copyright notice and list of conditions as they appear in the source files.